When it comes to boosting your website’s SEO, web content is absolutely key. This does not mean that one simply fills their website with content once, and neither does it mean that one just fills their website with tons of content on a regular basis. When it comes to effective web content, both quality and quantity matter.
Is Your Web Content Ineffective
Needless to say, if your content is ineffective you are unlikely to see the results you desire. Following are five key signs that your content is ineffective:
1. It is published irregularly. Many prospective and current clients and customers will come back to a website over and over again if they regularly find new content there. When content is published regularly, readers begin to anticipate new arrivals and look forward to new information, answers and tips. However, if they return to the website looking for new content that isn’t there, they may lose interest and stop visiting often or at all.
2. It isn’t unique or distinct. If your readers determine from your content that you are providing the same information and answers they can find elsewhere, they may not have reason enough to commit to reading your content. You need to find out what makes your products or services unique and distinct and make sure that your content reflects that, providing readers with information and answers they can’t find anywhere else.
3. It is all about you, rather than your audience and their needs. Readers are looking for something that interests them and addresses their questions and concerns, not something that drones on endlessly about all of its own merits. Create content that provides readers with helpful tips and toolkits, answers their questions and provides them with solutions.
4. It has a short shelf life or limited reach. Trend and news-focused content can be helpful in highlighting some of your products’ or services’ benefits, but it will suffer a short shelf life as a result. Updating older content with newer links, infographics, videos and more contemporary advice can help to prevent this from occurring.
5. It isn’t being used to build subscribers. Content that doesn’t build subscribers is failing to help a business achieve its goals. Instead, content should encourage readers to subscribe by offering them special insider tips and deals that are hard to pass up.
With the right focus, your content can be effective, raising your SEO and driving new clients or customers to your doorstep. We can certainly help you tackle this endeavor so that your web content is where it needs to be for you to see the traffic increase to your site. With the right marketing campaign, you can see a huge improvement to the outlines created for your online business.
Contact us today at Web Content Development to get started!