It is pretty unheard of today for a business to exist without possessing even a very simple website on the internet. Most business owners recognize the vital importance of maintaining a well-designed and easy-to-use website, so that both current and future customers or clients have access to all the information they need in order to interact with the business. However, few business owners may recognize the critical importance of search engine optimization, or SEO. Considering that consumers often select from the top five hits to any given search, a website that falls outside of this area is not likely to be seen as often as is desired or necessary.
SEO Mistakes in Content
SEO was once all about technical aspects of a website but today it’s all about content on the website. If you take the time to understand what must be done, you can achieve better rankings on search engines and increase your business’ visibility. How do you this? By eradicating SEO mistakes that may be lurking in your content, such as:
1. Failing to have the right search terms on your page. Your website page needs to contain the words that people will actually type into their search engine, in the exact way they will type them in. If you are a restaurant, include a menu and business hours.
2. Omitting titles and description tags. A homepage without a title leaves potential customers and clients wondering what your site is about. Pages without description tags likewise leave people wondering, and prevent descriptions from showing up in search engine searches.
3. Content that is poor quality, duplicated, plagiarized or too short. It is definitely challenging to constantly turn out fresh content, but this is absolutely necessary to good SEO. It may be tempting to use duplicated or plagiarized content, but doing this can cause your website to be penalized, and it can also have negative ramifications for your business. High quality, original content is an indicator of highly quality services and products.
4. Ignoring user intent. Whether accidental or deliberate, ignoring user intent can definitely affect your SEO. You need to understand what customers or clients will come to your site looking for, and provide them with the answers they desire.
5. Considering SEO a one-time job. Providing fresh content is a constant effort, not a one-time project. Additionally, what works well today may not work at all tomorrow, so your website will need to stay up-to-date to remain visible.
Keep these five tips in place and watch as your site traffic increases as a result. Need help fixing the errors? D0n’t have the time to fix it yourself? That’s where we come in. Our company can help organize and edit any unsatisfactory elements on your website for you. Putting your website into an ideal state is what will attract new visitors to it and concurrently, raise your profits with the additional customers now on your site.
Contact us today at Web Content Development to get started and see the results you want for your online company.