In today’s highly technical environment, it is critical for a business to have a well-designed website. The purpose is, of course, to provide current and future customers and clients with the information and answers they need in order to establish and maintain a mutually-beneficial relationship with the business. However, one cannot simply “throw” an effective website together, especially since it takes a well-designed, content-rich website to increase SEO so that customers and clients can actually find the website.
The web development process consists of six key phases:
- Collecting information about the business. An effective website is able to communicate exactly what a business is all about and what it has to offer so that readers are able to determine whether the business can be helpful to them. It, therefore, follows that in order to build an effective website, the business must be very well understood by the web development team.
- Planning the website. Just with any other major building project, it is essential to first make a plan before building a website. This includes what information will be presented, and on what web pages.
- Designing the website. This includes determining how the website will look based on the audience one wants to appeal to. If a website’s target audience is adolescents or teenagers, it needs to look stylish and eye-catching. If a website’s target audience is financial professionals, it needs to look clean, crisp, professional and loaded with important information.
- Developing the website. This is the highly technical aspect of website development, where the website code is written.
- Testing and delivery of the website. Once a website has been designed and developed it needs to be tested. This is done to ensure that everything works as intended and there are no mistakes in design or coding. Once it has been tested and repaired as needed, it can be delivered to the customer.
- Maintenance of the website. A website that has been well-designed and developed cannot simply be “left alone” from that point on and remain effective. It must be maintained, which includes updating content, business information, product and service information, images and the code itself. Some web hosts will actually refuse to host websites that are not maintained and updated, as they can become a security risk.
If each phase is properly carried out, the resultant website can be incredibly useful to the business–helping to establish and maintain strong relationships with customers and clients. If the process seems daunting, that’s where web developing companies come in.
We can help carry out all of these phases, as well as set in place a marketing strategy platform. Following these steps can increase your online traffic and as a result, attract more customers and create higher profits.
Contact us today at Web Content Development to get started and place your online business at a monopolizing tier.