As search engines continue to evolve, your usual keyword strategy may be thrown for a loop. Unlike the days of old, where search engines would display your page solely if it contained the right keywords, it is now necessary to utilize different approaches as the search engines change.
Why Your Keyword Strategy is Failing
If there was ever a time to review your keyword strategy, that time is now. Take a look at your current approach to keywords. If your approach fails in any of the following areas, it could be damaging your brand.
1. You aren’t taking personalization into account. Search engines display results based on a user’s location, past search history, past browsing history, and on their social media information. Thus, when you type in “grocery store,” for example, you will see only the local results for the search. Keywords no longer have fixed rankings for all individuals who search for those terms, as the amount of available content linked to simple keywords has grown exponentially.
2. You stopped assessing keywords after referral data was removed.
In Google analytics, businesses used to be able to see the specific keywords that brought viewers to their sites. This made it quick and simple to see which keywords bring in business. Now, however, if a business wants to know which keywords are drawing in customers, this information must be inferred from analysis of other data.
3. You are putting too much emphasis on keywords alone.
While keywords are still very useful, the lack of analytical data may make it difficult to assess their success. As such, it is far more effective to analyze which keywords to use in conjunction with your other web marketing strategies.
How to Fix Your Keyword Strategy
- Don’t rely solely on the current keyword rankings, as they are due to change.
- Use many long-tail key phrases. When customers use these very specific keywords, they most likely are ready to make a purchase, instead of just searching for general information about a point of interest. While using more specific keywords won’t necessarily help you generate a lot of traffic, it will help secure actual transactions.
- Use all of the information available in Google analytics to generate ideas for your keywords and long-tail key phrases. This will help you get a better idea of how viewers landed on your page, even without the specific keyword referral information we mentioned earlier.
Search engine results are constantly changing, leaving business owners wondering, Can our keyword strategy keep up? Despite these changes, the use of keywords is still essential to your overall marketing strategy and business expansion. Keywords are the main focal point of what will come up in search engine results. The ability to identify and make use of the proper ones for your business, as well as the most popularly searched, is crucial.
There are many ways to research which keywords your field of business should be using to attract more online traffic. We can help you develop the online strategy your company needs in order to expand. We have experience and knowledge with SEO, keywords, online reputation management and web content. All of these aspects can and should be utilized in order to create a brand for your business that will skyrocket your standings on the web.
For more information on the proper use of keywords, feel free contact us at Web Content Development today.