As search engines evolve, your keyword strategy may be thrown for a loop. Unlike the days of old, where search engines would display your page solely if it contained the right keywords, it is now necessary to utilize different approaches as search engines change.
Why Your Keyword Strategy is Failing
Now is the time to review your keyword strategy. If your approach fails in any of the following areas, it could be damaging your brand.
1. You aren’t taking personalization into account. Search engines display results based on a users location, past search and browsing history, and social media information. Thus, when you type in “grocery store,” for example, you will see local results. Keywords no longer have fixed rankings for all individuals who search for those terms.
2. You stopped assessing keywords after referral data was removed. In Google analytics, businesses used to be able to see the specific keywords that brought viewers to their sites. Now, this information must be inferred from analysis of other data.
3. You are putting too much emphasis on keywords alone. While keywords are still very useful, the lack of analytical data may make it difficult to assess their success. As such, it is necessary to analyze keywords in conjunction with your other web marketing strategies.
How to Fix Your Keyword Strategy
To evolve with the changing world of web searches, try the following techniques:
1. Don’t rely solely on keyword rankings, as they are due to change.
2. Use many long-tail key phrases. When customers use these very specific keywords, they most likely are ready to make a purchase, instead of just searching for general information. While this won’t help you generate a lot of traffic, it will help secure actual transactions.
3. Use all the information in Google analytics to generate ideas for your keywords and long-tail key phrases. This will help you get a better idea of how viewers landed on your page, even without the specific keyword referral information.
Search engine results are constantly changing; can your keyword strategy keep up? Despite these changes, use of keywords is still essential to your overall marketing strategy. Keywords are the main focal point in search engine results. Having the proper ones, as well as the most popularly searched, is crucial.
There are many ways to research which keywords your field of business should be using to attract more online traffic. We can help you develop the online strategy your company needs to expand. We have experience and knowledge with SEO, keywords, online reputation management and web content. All of these aspects create a brand for your business that will skyrocket your standings on the web.
For more information on the proper use of keywords, feel free contact us at Web Content Development today.