When it comes to content marketing, quality, compelling content is king. Unfortunately, creating quality content that engages your audience can be time-consuming and expensive. It requires a great deal of skill and blogging expertise. Usually, the average business owner doesn’t have this. Additionally, the concept of content marketing is more than just content creation. The best way to grow your business is to have a well-thought-out content marketing plan. Creative content can also help you stand out from the pack. Furthermore, you want to distribute content that is aimed at a targeted online audience. This plan is your content marketing strategy.
What is a Content Marketing Strategy?
A content marketing strategy is an in-depth marketing plan. It addresses the management, publication, and promotion of content. The purpose of a content strategy is to increase website traffic, generate awareness for your brand and convert leads into sales. Content creation is a key component of any business’s marketing strategy. A successful content marketing strategy should address the two most important aspects of content development: content quality and content volume. In other words, publishing quality, engaging content often enough that you are able to retain your target audience’s attention. If you’re creating quality content but only publishing a few posts a month, you risk losing your audience. The same is true if you are consistently publishing content that is sub-par.
Content Marketing Strategy Statistics
- Marketers who prioritize blogging are thirteen times more likely to achieve a positive ROI on their efforts.
- Companies that publish 16+ blog posts per month get 3.5 times as much traffic and 4.5 times as many leads as companies that publish zero to four per month.
- The most successful B2B marketers report spending 40% of their budget on content marketing.
- 18% of marketers use revenue from the content as a key indicator of performance.
- Only 32% of B2B marketers have a documented content marketing strategy.
- 90% of organizations use content in their marketing efforts.
- 60% of businesses find it challenging to produce content consistently.
- 65% of businesses find it challenging to produce content that is engaging.
- Content marketing produces three times more leads per dollar spent.
- It costs 62% less than traditional marketing.
- Content marketing methods convert six times more often than other marketing methods.
Developing an Effective Content Strategy Template
A good content strategy is a crucial component of your business’ success. If you want to effectively manage your content and double your traffic, your strategy must be creative. Also, make it innovative and up-to-date. Whether new to the content marketing game or an old pro, it is never a bad idea to revisit your content marketing strategy. Make sure that it’s still working for you. When developing a content marketing strategy, consider the following:
- The audience you are targeting with the content
- The problem the content will solve for that audience
- What sets you apart from the crowd or makes your product or service better than the others
- How to best deliver your content (blog posts, videos, infographics)
- The channels where your content will be published
- How you will manage content creation and publication
Improve Rankings and Increase Traffic
Creating, publishing and promoting compelling content keeps your audience engaged. With an effective content marketing strategy, you ensure the delivery of your content to the right audience. You can improve your search engine rankings and increase traffic to your website. And most importantly, you can maximize user engagement and grow your business!