Backlinks are a powerful tool in improving your website’s rank with search engines. Backlinks occur when an external website links to a page or article on your website. How you go about getting those links and where they come from is important.
When it comes to building links to your website, content is king. The better the content on your website and blog the more likely you are to have other sites link to you. Ask yourself this question, why would another website link to my homepage? The answer is they likely wouldn’t. The same applies to your product and service pages. They talk about what you do and give potential clients a way to get in touch with you, but typically don’t have the quality or quantity of content that would entice backlinks.
Creating High-Quality Content
How to write a blog for my website? So many people are asking, so we’re going to tell you.
When writing content for your website, the amount of time you put into it and the quality of the article makes a big difference. The number one goal of any content needs to be providing information people will want to read in a way that is authoritative for the topic you are writing about. Effort and research pay off! One of the easiest ways to produce high-quality, authoritative content is to include statistics, research studies, and infographics. The more complete and informative your content, the more likely other websites will be to link to you.
Linking to Your Products
The content you write needs to be authentic and needs to seek to inform its readers. Try to provide information your target audience can’t get anywhere else. The goal isn’t to consistently push your product or service. It’s to inform readers about the problem your product or service solves in a way that is much more in-depth then what can be on your product’s webpage.
Once you’ve fully covered your topic, link to your product or service and explain how it solves the problem you just talked about. This not only gives your direct readers a way to learn more about your business, it also provides a way for readers of the sites that link to your content to learn more about your products and services. Organic backlink placement is also key to success.
What to Do with Your Content
Now that you’ve researched your topic and published your content, it’s time to get the word out! The best content in the world won’t get backlinks if no one knows it exists.
- One of the easiest ways to get started is to analyze your competition and see what they are doing. This can provide valuable information on where your potential customers are and what they are doing.
- Make sure your content has social media sharing links directly on the page and ask others to share your content.
- Look for websites that provide similar information and reach out to let them know about your new article. Sharing your content is often easier than researching and writing it themselves.
- Guest blogging is still one of the best ways to make yourself heard, tap into already established audiences, and interact with other people from your target market.
- Offer to do interviews. There are websites that do interviews for almost every target market. If you are a newer business and not yet well-known, try reaching out with your top content and pitch them on why they should interview you.
- Find broken links to articles and research for the topic you just wrote about. Many times, pointing out a broken link and offering your high-quality content as a replacement will earn you a backlink!
Earning quality links to your content can be difficult and time-consuming. Hiring us to write a blog for you on a weekly basis is a great way to write high-quality content that is much more in-depth then your product or service pages can be and better explains the problem your product or service solves.