WEB CONTENT DEVELOPMENT
Get high-quality guest posts on relevant sites with our organic backlinking strategies + placement.
Backlinks play an important role in search engine optimization. A backlink occurs when another website links to a page on your site. Many search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo! count backlinks as references or referrals from one website to another. There are several factors that determine the value of a backlink. Backlinks from an authoritative source on a given topic are highly valuable. If both sites have content geared toward the same keyword or keyword phrases, the backlink is considered relevant and believed to have a strong influence on the search engine rankings of the web site receiving the link.
Backlinks also need to be natural. There are a lot of bad practices for gaining backlinks such as purchasing or selling backlinks or using a link exchange network that typically result in search engines penalizing your site. The quality of links is far more important than the quantity. The anchor text in a backlink is one-way search engines determine the quality of the inbound link. Anchor text is the descriptive wording containing the hyperlink to your website. Search engines examine the anchor text to determine how relevant the keyword or keyphrase in the anchor text is to both the originating web page content as well as the page they are linking to.
The Importance of Creating Backlinks
Backlinks help in boosting your search engine results ranking because they are a way of telling search engines that others vouch for your content. Followed backlinks from trustworthy, authoritative websites are considered the most desirable backlinks while no-follow links and links from potentially spammy sites are typically viewed as less desirable or even unwanted. That said, the increase in traffic to your website from a no-follow link on a highly authoritative website can still give your brand a much-needed boost.
Backlinks can help boost your brand by:
- Improving organic search engine ranking. If any of your content is being linked to by other websites, that content will likely begin to rank higher with search engines. Authoritative websites linking to your content are similar to receiving a strong recommendation from a good friend.
- Increasing the speed in which search engines find your content. This is especially important for newer websites or newly written content. The more sites linking to your content the faster it will be discovered and indexed by search engines.
- Generating referral traffic. All business owners know the power of referrals. Earning a link from another website is another way to generate highly qualified traffic on your website that typically has a lower bounce rate.
Unsure about what you need?
Take our quiz to help determine your best fit.
How to Generate Backlinks to Your Website
The best way to generate backlinks on your website is to produce high-quality content. Your product or service pages are a great source of information, but can’t always describe the problem your product has been designed to solve in enough detail. That’s why blogs are so valuable to businesses. Potential clients looking for a solution to a specific need can come to your website, learn more about their need and be linked to your product that solves their problem. The better your content, the more likely other websites are to link to you.
Other ways to generate authoritative backlinks include:
- Offer to give testimonials. All companies love testimonials from clients. Finding a complementary product or service to yours and offer a testimonial. Many businesses will link to your website to prove you are a real person – as long as your product isn’t competing with theirs!
- Give your product or service to bloggers for free. Finding bloggers who write about your specific niche and offering your product or server for free is a great way to generate reviews and links to your page. Just remember, you can’t ask them for a review in exchange for your product according to Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. You can ask them to consider mentioning you, though.
- Finding unlinked mentions. Sometimes a website or social media post will mention your brand but not link to your site. As long as their mention is positive, emailing them with a request to link to you is a great way to generate additional, natural backlinks.
- Discovering broken links. Many times broken links on review and blog websites are a result of a business changing names or closing down. By finding broken links in articles that speak to your target audience, pointing them out to that site’s webmaster and offering your content as a replacement, you provide a service that helps the site owner and can often earn a backlink in exchange.
- Design high-quality infographics. Infographics are an incredibly popular way of conveying information in almost any niche very quickly. In our fast-paced society, attention spans are short and readers are looking for information very quickly. By creating an infographic and offering it to bloggers in your niche, you provide additional context for their pages while increasing your brand awareness and generating a backlink to your product or service.
There are many ways to generate high-quality, authoritative backlinks to your website. The best way is through a complete online marketing strategy that includes search engine optimization and internet marketing. Web Content Development has over 20 years of marketing experience and has optimized over 100,000 web pages. Contact us to learn how an online marketing strategy can improve your business’s brand and increase revenue.
Looking for more information?
Need to talk?
We understand, and we’re here to help. Talk to our experts and get a recommendation.