The truth is that there is no single way to predict your content’s success over your competition. Instead, you must analyze quite a few different points in order to determine how committed each brand is to their content, and therefore which brand is getting more traction and is more likely to win potential client or customer attention in the future. The main points that can be analyzed to determine how one’s site measures up to the competition are:
- There are several aspects to the effectiveness of website content. One is the total number of content pages that have been published. Granted, more isn’t always better, especially if the high volume of content is composed mainly of poor-quality pieces, but it can still contribute to the website’s overall visibility and effectiveness. In addition to the volume of content is the frequency with which new content is posted.
- There are ways to measure a website’s traffic, which is one way to determine how popular it is.
- Search optimization. Many businesses today are well aware of the fact that Search Engine Optimization, or SEO, is critical to a business’ visibility and success on the internet. If a consumer types in keywords related to a specific product or service field and one specific business comes up along the top of search engine results, they have great SEO. This can be a tricky area to influence, as one wants to have key phrases and keywords scattered throughout their website content without being guilty of “keyword stuffing”, which is often punished by major search engines.
- Social media. Businesses with a large, engaged following on social media often outrank their competitors with smaller or non-existent social media followings. It is, therefore, important to not only establish but maintain a strong social media presence, and continuously gain new followers, and post regular, unique and highly-shared content.
- Email marketing. The size of a business’ email subscriber list can determine how much more of an advantage they have over their competition. Many email subscription sign-ups will even advertise the size of their list, with catchy phrases like, “Join the 150,000 subscribers already getting valuable gardening tips every week!”
- Advanced content strategies. Publishing new research, such as charts, graphs, and percentages that are not available elsewhere, can definitely cause one to outshine their competition. Also, publishing content gained through collaboration with others can draw more attention.
Following these steps will ensure your online traffic increases. Maintaining your site with a stylish and organized layout is also a contributing factor to more visitors. Aesthetics are one of the biggest attractions for online users as they see that you are clean and professional, which is what they ultimately are looking for. If you’re in need of any of these key points, contact us to see what we can do for you and your online business! It will make a huge difference and will drive up your revenue and online traffic, creating the prominent and flourishing business you have wanted from the start.