The measures imposed to prevent the spread of COVID-19 — such as banning large gatherings and practicing social distancing — have had a big impact on many businesses. This includes the wedding industry.
However, The Knot — a prestigious and broadly known wedding app — has shown us that businesses within the wedding industry can succeed even during a pandemic.
In this article, we will share creative solutions, used by businesses like The Knot wedding website, to put at your advantage.
Wedding Planning while Social Distancing
Take advantage of technology and offer your clients the option to plan their wedding — including decorations, menus, venues, and entertainment — through video calls.
Redefining the Wedding Format
One of the main strategies from The Knot.com to prevent canceling weddings is to redefine the wedding format.
Micro weddings are a great option for couples who want to comply with social distancing measures during their wedding. A wedding like this consists of reducing the guest list to create a more intimate experience.
By reducing the guest count, couples are more likely to afford personalized experiences to spoil their guests and themselves on their special day.
Here are some one-of-a-kind personalized experiences to offer in micro weddings:
- Food. Instead of the traditional three meal course, couples can opt for a 10 to 15-course tasting menu (including a wide variety of wines to match each dish). Also, the chefs get to introduce each meal and maybe add a small performance when serving it. Another option could be to offer a top-shelf open bar.
- Live Entertainment. Such as musicians, comedians, or other types of performers.
A sequel wedding consists of first having a small celebration — usually just close friends and family members — and set another date to have a big celebration.
A sequel wedding allows rescheduling dates until gatherings are safe again. But also, sequel weddings are an opportunity for wedding providers not to cancel but to modify their services.
Here are some examples of services that wedding vendors can provide at a smaller scale:
- Wedding cakes
- Flower decorations and bouquets
- Food services
Multi-weddings consist of having a big wedding but assigning the guests to assist only in specific events.
This type of wedding carries as many events as possible, such as:
- Welcome party
- Rehearsal dinner
- Wedding ceremony
- Post-wedding brunch
For example, couples can opt to invite their parents and close friends to their wedding ceremony, while assigning other friends and family members to celebrate with them in less intimate events, like in a post-wedding brunch and a welcome party.
Live Streaming a wedding is another alternative to offer to all the couples that have had to reduce their guest list.
Advantages the wedding industry get from offering live streaming weddings:
- Wedding Websites. Livestream the wedding on your website to create traffic. You can provide a date, time, and password for the guests.
- Photographers. This is a great opportunity to record with drones and stream it on live time.
Including Health and Safety Measures During the Wedding
Wedding vendors can offer many creative props to help the guests to comply with health and safety measures during the wedding, such as:
- Customized PPE. Such as gloves and face masks to match the bridesmaids’ dresses or the wedding theme.
- Mini hand sanitizer products. You can display them as part of the decoration on trays or baskets or offer them in a welcome bag.
At Web Content Development, we focus on helping businesses to build an efficient marketing strategy for an affordable price. Contact us today and get a free consultation about which measures you may need to implement on your business to increase your revenue. Let us help you.