In today’s technologically-advanced and closely connected world, an online presence is critical to a business’ success. While there are many ways to establish and grow an online presence, it is valuable to start with web content in the form of a blog. This can be an important way to not only gain the positive attention you want, but it can also be a way to distinguish you from your competitors. In fact, one study indicated that the use of blogs can generate sixty-seven percent more leads than a failure to use blogs.
How Web Content Contributes to Success
You may know that your products or services stand well above your competitors’, but one of the most difficult jobs you have is to convince consumers of this. Unfortunately, heavy advertising and hard-sale tactics just don’t work, as consumers have grown wary of these marketing techniques. They want to buy products or services from a business that they trust, and who they feel truly cares about their needs. This is where web content can be so incredibly valuable, and following are just five of the many ways it can contribute to your success:
- You can tell your side of the story. Web content can allow you to discuss your background, your mission, and your goals, purely for the purposes of allowing consumers to connect with you and begin to form a relationship. These types of blog posts generate sincere interest and will cause readers to come back time and time again for more. While you are not using these blogs for obvious marketing purposes, the fact is that they allow you to carefully control how your brand is portrayed and what it is associated with.
- You can engage consumers. In order to build rapport and a relationship with consumers, you will need to engage them. Blog posts are a terrific way to share ideas and connect up with others who may feel the same way you do. Even though many blog readers may not intend to buy products or services, the fact is that well-written, high-quality and engaging blogs can create suspense and interest, making your products or services more appealing over time and turning readers into customers.
- You can bounce new ideas off others. Long before you spend loads of time, money, and effort on realizing a particular idea, you should find out if consumers even think it’s a good idea. Blog posts are a great way to bounce new ideas off consumers to see what they like and what they don’t like before you take the time to invest in and develop them. A bonus to this is that even when consumers indicate that they don’t like a particular idea, they may have ideas of their own about how to tweak it so that it is more desirable.
- You can increase your SEO. In order to draw organic leads to your website, Search Engine Optimization is critical. Well-written blog posts are a great way to boost SEO because they can skillfully use certain keywords and keyword phrases that consumers are looking for. This teaches search engines to associate your website with the key search phrases, which can greatly increase your SEO.
- You can build trust. Regardless of how incredible your products or services are and no matter how much consumers may need and want them, they usually won’t buy them if they don’t trust your business. Sometimes a business can make incredible offers that attract attention and push sales, but this doesn’t work for small, growing businesses that can’t afford it. Instead, these businesses need to work on building trust with consumers who will then be more willing to take a leap of faith and make a purchase. Blog posts that offer valuable information and provide answers and solutions can rapidly build this trust and make your business an authority in the field.
Entrepreneurs are well aware of the fact that establishing, growing, and maintaining a successful business take a lot of hard work, time, and money. You need to use every tool at your disposal to create an online presence that will help you expand and become well-known, and blogging is one of the most important tools available to you.