Regardless of where a small business is located and what products or services they provide to consumers, they undoubtedly need to spread the word about themselves in order to bring more positive attention, and business, their way. This is certainly true of their online presence–which will not normally be easily found by prospective new clients or customers unless the business takes action to increase online recognition of their brand.
How Content Marketing Can Help
The Content Marketing Institute has indicated that a remarkable eighty-six percent of highly effective organizations have well-designed and placed content marketing strategies. As much as a larger business depends upon content marketing in order to expand their reach, a small business depends upon content marketing in order to grow and stabilize their business.
Some of the basics of good content marketing include:
- Providing value to customers. Individuals searching the internet are looking for answers and solutions. Content that provides this value to them can be intriguing, drawing them in and causing them to share that content with others.
- Follow content marketing blogs. They will provide you with valuable tips for your own content marketing strategies that, when applied, can markedly boost your SEO and conversion rate. You can even take note of the kinds and styles of content that grab your attention and work to duplicate the basic idea on which they are based.
- Use valuable and appropriate sharing platforms. A high volume of content is shared through social media, but not all social media platforms are the same. B2B businesses can find great value with LinkedIn, but not so much with Twitter or Instagram. Conversely, bloggers and boutique shops can find more value with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat, but not so much with LinkedIn.
- Create and use quality media in your content. There is no arguing that content itself can be highly valuable, but quality images, infographics, charts, videos and other multimedia forms can also be incredibly useful, drawing positive attention and creating more sharing opportunities.
- Establish and follow a calendar for your content. This can help you to streamline your content marketing activities based on overall strategies that outline a specific purpose for your content.
Most important are ensuring that all of your content can be easily shared. You will experience a great ROI if your hard work is shared and spread even further than your initial reach, which can substantially affect your business’ growth.
Following these steps can significantly increase your online traffic and as a result, attract more customers and drive up your profits. If the task seems daunting, that’s where web development companies come in. We can help write the content relevant to your industry and strengthen your SEO. We have the experience with marketing strategies to get your business the results you desire for it.
Contact us today at Web Content Development to get started and learn more about content marketing.